Holt-Averill Estate Demolition-East and South Side of House

Title: 
Holt-Averill Estate Demolition-East and South Side of House
Date: 
Identifier: 
N0066.1981(060)
Description: 
View of the process of demolition of the Holt-Averill Estate including the entire east and south side of the home. Note the brick shoot coming off the side of the house from the second floor into large pile of bricks and debris on the ground. The exterior of the home is mostly still in tact at this time, including the porch. The interior of the house has been demolished and emptied. This estate was taken down to make way for the building of the Otesaga Hotel, started later on in 1908. This beautiful hotel stands prominently along Otsego Lake and is open to the public today. It is also on the National Register of Historic Hotels. For more information on the Holt-Averill Estate and the Otesaga Hotel, please visit the Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmers' Museum Library.
Physical dimensions: 
height 7.75 ; width 5.75
Coverage: