Holt-Averill Estate Demolition Clean-Up

Holt-Averill Estate Demolition Clean-Up
A man sits on the seat of a wagon, reins to a team of horses in hand. He is on the clean-up crew for the Holt-Averill Estate which was demolished in early June 1908. Construction debris, including board and pieces of the porch are on either side of the drive. This estate was taken down to make way for the building of the Otesaga Hotel, started later on in 1908. This beautiful hotel stands prominently along Otsego Lake and is open to the public today. It is also on the National Register of Historic Hotels. For more information on the Holt-Averill Estate and the Otesaga Hotel, please visit the Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmers' Museum Library.
Physical dimensions: 
height 7.75 ; width 5.875